n98-magerun2 v4.2.0 released
During the Lucklow Magento Meetup we released a new version of n98-magerun2.
It’s a bigger release with a lot of new features.
Main New Features
- Magento 2.4 / MySQL 8.0 Support / PHP 7.4 Compatbility
- env.php file is now checked for missing values by sys:check command.
- The customer:create command allow now custom required attributes.
Thanks Slawomir Boczek for contribution.
MySQL 8 comes with enabled column statistics by default. Thanks to Callum Atwal who investigates the best way to enable the db:dump command to use the column statisticss in a backwards compatible way.
The db:dump command has now a new option
--keep-column-statistics to keep existing columns statistics in the dump. If the option is not specified, we omit the column statistics.
Since MySQL 8 is very new for all Magento people we still try to extend the compatiblity of the tool. If you find any issue or have new ideas, please create a new issue at Github. We also plan to support the new dump features of the MySQL 8 Shell.
To be PHP 7.4 compatible we had to upgrade all bundled PHPUnit tests from v6 to v8. We did not upgrade everything to PHPUnti 9, because we still support PHP 7.2. If we drop PHP 7.2 in the future we will also upgrade PHPUnit to latest possible version.
- New: #598: #597 Add support for additional fields to customer:create (by Alexander Menk)
- New: #596: Support Magento 2.4.0 (by Christian Münch)
- New: #586: MySQL 8 Support (by Callum Atwal)
- New: #575: Env Checker (by Slawomir Boczek)
- New: #552: Support Magento 2.3.5 (by Alexander Menk)
- Imp: #551: When mysqldump fails, make db:dump fail as well (Pieter Hoste)
- New: #547: Add table groups ‘oauth’ and ‘klarna’, update README.md (by Timon de Groot)
- New: #544: –skip-magento-compatibility-check (by Timon de Groot)
- Imp: #568: Strip all dotmailer tables (by Arnoud Beekman)
- Imp: #548: Db console strip temp tables (by Doug Hatcher)
- Imp: #543: Check if config:env:set does any changes (by Timon de Groot)
- Imp: Updated Dependencies (Symfony latest 4.4.x) (by Christian Münch)
- Imp: Update phpunit to 8.x (by Christian Münch)
- Fix: #590: Fix format if db:status is dumped as CSV (by Christian Münch)
Thanks for all Contributors fot that amazing release!